Dive deeper with the latest eBooks from Evisions. Hear from the experts, get useful tips, and explore best practices in the field of higher education.
Better Reporting for Higher Education
As higher education professionals know, not all reporting requests are routine. When such requests occur, are you prepared to deal with them – and the unintended consequences that may result if not managed properly?
To address these questions and more, Evisions presents Better Reporting for Higher Education. This eBook examines best practices for dealing with data consumers and their unanticipated requests in three key areas:
- Handling impromptu data dumps
- Importance of gathering the right requirements
- Improve reporting capabilities with flexible dashboards
How to Cope with Limited Resources
Many higher education institutions share a common obstacle – limited resources. From reduced staffing, to budget cuts, to simply not having enough time, administrators responsible for gathering and reporting important institutional data must find ways to make the most of what they do have.
In the eBook How to Cope with Limited Resources, Evisions offers suggestions and methods to manage limited reporting resources, focusing on three particular areas:
- Prioritizing and ranking report requests
- Options for training your reporting staff
- Weighing the hiring of new staff vs. outsourcing
Transitioning Reporting Tools: An Opportunity for Conversions
An increasing number of higher education institutions are realizing the need to change their reporting tools. Though their reasons for this change may vary, they face the same monumental task of converting hundreds, if not thousands, of queries from an old reporting tool into a new one. While the conversion process may contain some pitfalls, it also serves as a great opportunity.
In the eBook Transitioning Reporting Tools: An Opportunity for Conversions, Evisions offers insights on how to make a huge process seem less overwhelming. We examine:
- Ways to recognize and understand if it’s time to seek a new reporting tool
- How to begin converting queries from one reporting tool to another
- Restructuring the all-important report tree
The Data Mart: When You Feel the Need for Reporting Speed
Colleges and universities today are being asked to create more reports, more often, to address an ever-expanding list of institutional issues and questions. This can be a time-consuming task. Enter the data mart, which can expedite the reporting process.
In the eBook The Data Mart: When You Feel the Need for Reporting Speed, Evisions examines the elements that make up a data mart and why it’s such an effective reporting tool. This includes:
- How the data mart compares to the data warehouse
- The aspects of a data mart that make it a lean, mean reporting machine
- The requirements and development needed to ensure the data mart is successful
Training Your Reporting Staff: Ensuring Effectiveness and Minimizing Expense
Properly training your reporting staff is vital to your team, department, and the institution as a whole. Yet, just because something is vital doesn’t mean it has to be expensive. You can take steps to help maximize the effectiveness of training and/or minimize its expense.
In the eBook Training Your Reporting Staff: Ensuring Effectiveness and Minimizing Expense, Evisions aims to help you understand the ‘when, why, and how’ of training your reporting staff. We examine:
- Factors that determine if training is the answer to poor workplace performance
- How managers have the biggest impact on the success or failure of training
- Ways to evaluate the effectiveness of the instruction received
The Importance of Metrics in Higher Education
Higher Education institutions are not only trying to enroll, retain, & graduate students, but they’re trying to do it with less funding and in less time. It’s important to understand the data behind the trends they see on campus and throughout the industry, to improve efficiency and differentiate themselves from the competition.
In the eBook The Importance of Metrics in Higher Education, Evisions works to help you understand how those numbers can fuel an institution’s competitive advantage. We examine:
- The importance of a data-focused approach to pursuing institutional objectives
- How Advancement departments can use reporting to achieve their fundrasing goals
- The five most common ways of measuring student success
Integrating Visualization into Your Data Ecosystem
Key leaders and administrators at institutions require data to help them make important decisions. But it takes more than the data itself to influence their choices and opinions. Data visualization, or how that data is presented for examination and utilization, can be equally meaningful.
In the Evisions eBook, Integrating Visualization into Your Data Ecosystem, you will learn ways to ensure your data is presented cohesively to better help decision makers. You’ll discover:
- How to ensure you have consistent, reliable data across all platforms
- Ways to create charts that capture attention and communicate key information
- Methods to properly design your dashboard to effectively “sell” the data
An Exploration of Data Governance
Your institution relies on data to function and grow. Data governance is the way to ensure that the data you’re using is available, usable, trustworthy, and secure. Generally speaking, data governance refers to the overall management of data. Without it, you may be unable keep pace with peer institutions or, even worse, serve your students to the best of your ability.
In the Evisions eBook, An Exploration of Data Governance, you will :
- Gain a better understanding of what data governance is
- Learn how you can assess your current data governance processes
- Discover what steps you can take to build trust in your data